Job Title: Facility Maintenance
Reports to: Building and Grounds Manager
Salary Range: CI$29,592 - CI$39,780 per annum.
To ensure maintenance and repairs are upkeep of ALL Buildings and grounds also including venues throughout the park, maintaining equipment, and ensuring inventory and supplies are readily available to avoid uninterrupted maintenance. Facility Maintenance will perform various duties assigned by the Buildings and Grounds Manager (B&G) and or in the absence of the B&G Manager, the Facility Maintenance Lead Hand which will range from daily assigned duties of minor plumbing, electrical (replacing light bulbs), some minor plastering (concrete), daily cleaning of sidewalks, washing sides of buildings, painting of buildings with either oil based or water based paints with the knowledge and understanding of their applications, assisting and working with various building projects to also include CAPEX assignments whiles ensuring the safety of CTC’s guest and crew members.
The Facility Maintenance crew member is required to fulfil the following given duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Ability to cope with stressful situations, including inclement weather conditions, northwesters, thunder / lightning storms and hurricanes, and working with the Company’s Hurricane Preparedness Plan.
- Assisting when instructed with the water management and delivery to ALL turtle tanks during inclement weather conditions, this will include working with other departments with replacing valves, clearing supplies and drains.
- Working with other departments when requested to assist with the set up and take down of any equipment required for events hosted at CTC.
- Working with Animal Programs Department with Turtle Nest Implantation programs and other areas of interest pertaining to turtle conservation.
- Assists the Lead Hand and or the B&G Manager with estimates and costs of repairs.
- Works with the Lead Hand / B&G M on any projects that has been assigned.
- Confirms with Lead Hand / management to coordinate work activities and resolve problems.
- Inspect all systems, objects, facilities, and report to the B&G M of any unacceptable findings immediately.
- Assisting and working with CTC’s Health and Safety protocols
- Establishes or adjusts work methods and procedures to meet production schedules, using knowledge of capacities of machines, equipment and personnel.
- Requisitions materials and supplies such as tools, equipment and replacement parts for work activities.
- Safe keeping of ALL facility tools, reporting of any damages or failures of equipment immediately.
- Completes and maintains reports such as time and production records, inventories and test results.
- May converse with Lead Hand or Manager to recommend measures such as procedural changes, to improve work performance and minimize operating costs.
- Patrols work area and examine tools and equipment to detect unsafe conditions or violations of safety rules.
- May assemble, install or repair plumbing and pipe systems. May paint and repair woodwork and plaster. May set up and operate machine tools (Ex. Power tools, saws, drills, hammers, chisels etc.) to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures and tools. May fabricate and repair counters, benches, partitions and other wooden structures, such as sheds and outbuildings.
- May wash windows and replace burnt out light bulbs.
- Monitors operations of the facility and inspects tests or measures completed work, using devices such as hand tools, gauges, and specifications to verify conformance to standards.
Interpersonal and Communication Skills:
- Must possess good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to motivate, influence and encourage other staff.
- Pleasant and engaging personality.
- Ability to work under stress and to meet deadlines.
Performing the tasks and requirements of this position has a limited impact on operations, costs, revenue opportunities, public image, employee engagement, crew member and customer safety and satisfaction, and overall success throughout the Company. This department accounts for the majority of the Company’s annual capital expenditure, utilities and maintenance costs, so this role is vital in its impact on the Company’s survival and financial success. therefore, playing a huge role as being leaders and under the supervision of the Team Leader (CIO) to ensure that CTC’s Hurricane Preparedness Plan is adhered to.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be physically active, able and willing to work for long periods outdoors.
- Physical demands: while performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, swim; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; move in and out of water unaided. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job: Includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Much of this work will be outdoors and occasionally in inclement weather. This role routinely uses standard maintenance tools and equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at projects sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Development and Leadership of Others:
This position has no crew members reporting to it.
This position requires limited interpretive skills. Duties will be varied, and situations will require at time a limited level of creativity and analysis, but in general, processes and methods will be related. Keen knowledge of planning is required with some variations from the daily routine being possible. Considerable procedures and job structure exist, as well as general job-related instructions.
Responsibility for Financial/Material Resources:
This position requires very limited responsibility for financial and/or material resources as the Manager will be responsible for securing the quotes and purchasing; however, the cost of errors might result in moderate damage, waste, financial loss or liability. The crew member will need to be accountable for all supplies and inventory resources when in possession with any of these resources.
Regular fluent clear communication in both spoken and written English are required.
The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
Essential skills, knowledge, and experience qualifications:
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in Buildings and Grounds or Facilities Maintenance
- Valid Group 2 or above Driver’s license is required and to be maintained throughout employment in this position
- Heavy equipment license would be advantageous
- Ability to work in accordance with quality, safety, and sanitation standards, policies and guidelines
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Detail oriented and strong sense of urgency
- Knowledge of general facilities maintenance, safety practices and procedures
- Basic math skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Light duty plumbing and carpentry
- Paint interior and exterior walls
- Change light bulbs
- Disassemble, move and construct modular furniture
- Responsible for alerting the Facilities B&G Manager or Lead Hand of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur
- Willing and able to perform tasks at heights above 6' with proper training and equipment
- This position requires the ability to lift 50 pounds
Compensation and Benefits:
The CTC offers a competitive benefits package, which includes 10 paid vacation days, 50% towards Pension contributions, Employee discounts for F&B items (excluding alcoholic drinks) and retail merchandise up to 25%, training and development opportunities, Health Insurance, workers compensation insurance and a retirement package to name a few.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are on a rotational schedule from Monday to Sunday, 8AM-5PM or as per required schedule according to the business needs.
The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to these policies.