The Finance Manager is responsible for supporting the company goals and initiatives through a strong and innovative accounting strategy across all CTCEC Business units. This role is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The primary purpose of this role is to support the company's vision and to assist managers and executives to achieve excellent financial performance to fund the company’s vision and to ensure that the proper financial controls are in place throughout the company. The Finance Manager functions in a vital supporting role as an advisor to managers and the executives of the company.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Business Administrative degree from a recognized university with a concentration in Accounting.
- CPA/ACCA designation(s) or master’s degree an asset.
- A minimum of five years of progressive Finance and Accounting Management experience.
- A minimum of two years of senior management experience.
- A demonstrated record of continuous professional growth in an Accounting leadership position.
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually combined with hands-on mentality/approach in order to initiate, develop and implement Accounting concepts.
- Effective and strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Employee relations experience handling manager and employee coaching and feedback, performance management, conflict resolution and change management.
- Experience working in a very fast paced environment. Strong attention to detail.
- Experience in business administration processes including budget, forecast and cash management.
- Knowledge about accounting information systems development and concepts.
- Familiar with PFMA, IFRS, PSMA, Labour, Pension, Health Insurance and other related legislation and regulatory frameworks.
- Proven ability to partner with and influence managers.
- Experience in Accounting Management software.
- Proficient in, Excel, Word as well as excellent report writing and internal communication skills.
Cayman Turtle Conservation and Education Centre (CTCEC) affords an excellent opportunity for people to gain experience in our exciting tourism industry. This facility offers a chance for the right individual to work in one of Cayman’s leading attractions.
This is a full-timeposition. Salary Grade/Range: Grade J $62,508 – $70,680 per year.
To learn more on the responsibilities of this post and to express your interest in thisrole, please visit our website, www.turtle.ky to apply for the role in our careers section by Dec 9, 2022.
Preference will be given to Caymanians, Status Holdersor Legal Residents. Shortlisted applicants willbe contacted after the closing date.